Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It Girl: Chloë Sevigny


Chloë Sevigny is more than just the quintessential-90s-indie-enfant terrible-art house-sweetheart-turned-fashion designer. She has always been a source of eclectic inspiration and I can google her looks for hours, I kid you not. Sevigny is this unconventional style maven who doesn't even bother following trends or trying hard to look fashionable - she embraces simplicity with the quirkiest of details and that's what it makes her notorious sense of style stand out. Effortless, sometimes androgynous, edgy outfits with a playful twist will forever contribute to her style icon status. Sure her roles in The Brown Bunny, Last Days of Disco, American Psycho, Zodiac, Party Monster, Gummo, Boys Don't Cry and the controversial Kids make me admire her even more. She seeks authenticity rather than insipid perfection and that's why I love her. Why be trendy when you can be cool?

12 comments:

  1. I don't know much about her but she does have cool style! i especially like her more boyish looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorooooooooooooooooo esta tipa!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. adoro o estilo dela, e adoro como fica bem com qualquer trapinho <3

    oh-my-lover.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so awesome! I prefer her more girly, feminine style though, but she still manages to rock every look!

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe's style is fantastic, there are just too many rad outfits here to choose from! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Chloë's style and acting skills c;
    Have you seen here in American Horror Story?
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when she was starting out and how crazy everyone was about her modeling and her look and then she started acting and people started to forget about her. It was weird to me. She was always an every day girl and I appreciated that she didn't look stunningly over the top with beauty but like one of us girls!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cool photos from her! She is such a versatile person, which I really like, and not Barbie-looking, which I also like!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. eu já gostava dela até uma amiga minha, que a adora, me fazer gostar dela ainda mais, opá a miúda é do caraças! Why be trendy when you can be cool? oh yeaah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these photos! I recently saw her book in a store and it was fabulous. She never seems to look bad!

    ReplyDelete